What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* D. L. Jackson is an award-winning author of urban fantasy, science fiction, military romance and erotic romance. She loves to incorporate crazy plot twists, comedy and the unexpected into her worlds. As a U.S. Army veteran, she naturally adores men in uniform and feels the world could always use more. She does her part by incorporating as many sexy soldiers in her novels as she can. When she isn't writing or running the roads, you can often find her online chatting with her peers and readers. Grab a cup of iced coffee, pull up your virtual chair and say hi. She loves emails and blog visits from her readers. www.authordljackson.com
What book are you going to tell us about today? Is it part of a series? If so, what's the order the books should be read in?
* Black Hills Desperado is part of the Black Hills Wolves series and is book three. It follows Rebecca Royce’s, Wolf’s Return and Heather Long’s, What a Wolf Wants. All are available for Preorder Now!
How'd you/your muse come up with this story?
* I wanted a different kind of heroine, one who was smart, but a little rough around the edges. Xio fits my idea of a bad girl to a t.
Describe the hero in five words.
* Marcus is her exact opposite. FBI agent, good guy and ready to sacrifice everything to save his mate and get her on the right path.
Describe the heroine in five words.
* Xio is a woman of mixed heritage, both Asian and white. She is a rebel and falls in with the wrong crowd and deep into the criminal underworld, not sure how to get out. My bad girl bank robber meets her match with FBI agent Marcus Cazador.
Who's your favorite character in the book & why?
* Xio. She has a long journey to redemption but in the end, I can’t tell you if she makes it or not. She’s as colorful and wild as her ancestors, a true outlaw of the Black Hills.
What's your favorite line in the story?
* “At last we meet.” And then he spoke the words she’d hoped never to hear. “You have the right to remain silent.”
* Which of course she doesn’t. I love this line because it changes everything for my heroine. She has to make a choice, decide which side of the law she wants to stand on, possibly costing her, her life.
A look into the story
* Nothing Xio Davis does is right. When she abandons her pack, riding out of town on the back of a stranger’s motorcycle, she finds she’s bitten off more than she can chew. First, it’s small-time crimes, then bank robbery. As Xio sinks into the criminal underworld, the FBI catches up with her. Now, she’s got one way out: snitch.
* When Xio turns state's evidence against a Mexican drug lord, Agent Marcus Cazador steps up to take her home, giving up his career, his place in the El Paso pack, and all he knows to protect her.
* Xio claims she’s not the same wolf who left ten years before, but can she convince Marcus she’s changed her wicked ways? Or will the Black Hills be the end of the road on her long journey to redemption?
* He’d used her real name, one she hadn’t heard in ten years. It sounded strange coming from his mouth, but also right, as though he’d been born to say it. Not good. This man was dangerous in so many ways. “Bite me.”
* “You have no idea how much I’d like to.” A knee pressed down into the center of her back, and he yanked her arms behind her and slapped cuffs around her wrists. He rolled her to her back, sat her up, and tugged the mask from her face. “At last we meet.” And then he spoke the words she’d hoped never to hear. “You have the right to remain silent.”
Buy D. L. Jackson's books here...
Decadent Publishing | Amazon / Kindle | All Romance eBooks | BookStrand | B&N / Nook
Find D. L. Jackson here...
Website | Twitter
Thank you for joining us here today, D. L. Jackson! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.