First, what would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* Elizabeth Monvey is the pseudonym for a single mother from Los Angeles. She writes manlove stories, where the hero meets the man of his dreams because happily ever after is one of her favorite things.
What are you going to tell us about today?
* My gay, shifter story, My Pregnant Boyfriend.
* Thank you so much for letting me visit and talk about my new novella, My Pregnant Boyfriend. My editor suggested that male pregnancy stories were popular but authors seemed to have a difficult time with writing such a story line, but being the outgoing, open minded person that I am I thought "Why not?"
* Of course, I had to think a believable reason how a man might get pregnant. I didn't even think of the alien way (my friend Jacey Holbrand came up with a fabulous story about that! Look out for Breeding Seth in January from Evernight.). Instead, I turned to a shifter story, with the idea that nature always finds a way to survive. Nature adapts, changes, so I thought, why wouldn't it do the same with animals?
* I began to research extinct animal races and came across an interesting species called Homotherium. They were a type of scimitar toothed cat (saber tooth) that died out abruptly about ten thousand years ago, about the same time that humans began to cultivate the land. I thought that was an interesting coincidence. Also, it's rare to find full skeletons of the cats. My imagination soared.
* I came up with Peter, on the run from a hunter, and the last of his kind. Instead of fighting, he's learned to run and hide, but the hunter is relentless and hunts him almost to the point of death. He's saved by Ethan, a cougar shifter, and the two find an instant attraction.
* I had a wonderful time writing My Pregnant Boyfriend. I'm interested in writing more mpreg stories so any feedback would be great!
A look into the story
* Peter Neren’s been running his whole life. For ten thousand years his species has been a secret but now he is the last of his kind. He doesn’t know if he can trust Ethan, but he’s got to try because it’s time to take a stand.
* Their attraction is instant, and once they act on their passions nature has found a way to ensure the survival of the species…leaving Peter pregnant. He will do anything to protect his unborn cub, and so will Ethan, even if that means becoming bait to hunt down the man trying to kill them both.
Be Warned: mpreg, m/m sex
* “I found him once and I’ll find him again,” the hunter said. “And now I’ll find you as well.”
* “The next time we meet, I will kill you,” Ethan vowed.
* The man sneered and continued to back away, gun pointed steadily at Ethan’s chest. He was fast but even his cougar couldn’t outrun a bullet and he had no plans to die today. Besides, he needed to help the bleeding cat behind him. Ethan didn’t move until the helicopter was nothing more than a blip on the horizon, and then he turned and hurried over to the injured animal.
* The animal hadn’t passed out since he was still in shifter form, but one look at the face had Ethan stumbling back in shock. This wasn’t a cougar or lynx or a bobcat. In fact, the cat shouldn’t even exist. His mouth lay open, panting, with serrated upper canines longer than those of any living cat. The incisors and lower canines formed a powerful jaw that Ethan knew could be a vicious gripping weapon. They were teeth he’d never seen before except in a museum…as a skeleton.
* “You’re…you’re a saber tooth,” he whispered, awe getting the better of him. The cat let out a small growl. “I’m not going to hurt you. But…Christ! Look at you.”
* The cat’s coat was grey with white spots, his tail short, almost stubbly, and had the limb appearance of a hyena, elongated forelegs and rather squat hindquarters. With rare extremities like that, the cat’s back would slope, which accounted for the odd tracks.
* “You’re supposed to be extinct,” Ethan murmured. “How the hell are you real?”
Buy My Pregnant Boyfriend here...
Evernight Publishing | All Romance eBooks | Amazon | BookStrand
Find Elizabeth Monvey here...
Blog | Facebook | Goodreads
Thank you for joining us here today, Elizabeth Monvey. It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story. Have a sinfully good week everyone!