* Undercover work sucked. As a shadow hunter for the Umbra, Justice Cameron was used to sliding into one dangerous situation after another. Infiltrating the motorcycle club, Pride of Kings, to wrap up two outstanding cases should have been quick and painless, turns out it was anything but. Justice didn’t count on Ethan Stone’s son, Xavier, to complicate his assignment.
* Xavier Lennox doesn’t care for the ‘lion pride’ way of life, so the scarred, shy loner keeps to himself, living a quiet life in a small cabin at the edge of the MC compound. He ‘fixes broken things’, and no one is more broken than Justice. When Xavier finds Justice beaten on his doorstep, he never imagined he would feel such a potent connection. The big, gruff alpha fascinates Xavier, and it turns out, the attraction is mutual.
* The shadow hunter is there for one reason only. No time for complications. No time for desire...or love. Or so he tells himself, because he’s there to mete out...cold, hard justice.
* Cracking open one eye—the other one was swollen shut—Justice glanced around the room. He lay on a large leather sofa. The interior had a log cabin motif, comfy and warm, and a fire burned low in the hearth. Two cats were curled up sleeping in front of the fireplace. Since when did lion shifters, or any Feline shifter, keep cats as pets? Most animals had a shifter equivalent, but not a housecat. A man walked into his line of vision. A crow, perched on the man’s forearm, was being fed seeds. Who is this guy, Doctor fucking Doolittle? The Crow Whisperer?
* Then Justice recalled Ethan’s words. He likes to fix broken things. Must extend to wounded animals. Guess he qualified, and in more ways than one.
* “Ah, you’re awake.”
* The gentle tone of the man’s voice curled about Justice’s little-used heart, causing it to thump harder in his chest.
* “I’m Xavier Lennox. You’re in my home, such as it is, and welcome to stay until you’re back on your feet.” He gently set the crow on the table and laid a pile of seeds next to the bird. He turned his attention back to Justice. Xavier was not bad looking. He had a pleasant face, even if part of his left cheek was scarred. Short sucker for a Leonne, he observed, as most all lion shifters were built the same, very tall and broad. Xavier had a slim musculature, and wore those tight-fitting Wranglers very well. Blood rushed to Justice’s cock, lengthening and thickening it. This he didn’t need. This was Ethan’s son, for shit’s sake. Stay focused on the assignment.
* Forming words was difficult. A dry croak came out of his mouth. Damn, his bottom lip was split and swollen. One day and very soon, he would pay Ethan back for this. Big time.
* Xavier rushed to his side, gently lifted his head, and let him drink from a bottle of water. Cold ambrosia. It soothed his raw throat. At this close proximity, the unknown but pleasing scent slammed Justice hard. He closed his eye and reveled in it. He’d never experienced this before. Contentment. An inner peace. And an arousal that shot clear off the charts. His cock throbbed in his jeans in concert with his rapidly beating heart.
* Lost in the overwhelming sensations, Justice didn’t realize Xavier had laid him flat, and now sat on a stool next to him tenderly wiping the blood and gore from his face.
* “Someone certainly tried to do you serious damage. After I clean you up a bit, I’ll let you sleep. I can tape your ribs tomorrow. Is anything else broken?”
* Xavier left the cool cloth lying across Justice’s forehead, and then began exploring his torso. Oh, sweet Jesus, his touch. His body was aflame, and not just in pain. Try as he might, he could not stop the long, ragged moan from leaving his lips.
* Xavier froze. “Am I hurting you?”
* Justice shook his head. No, just keep fucking touching me. Please. Forever.
* An erotic romance writer, Karly believes romance is for everyone, and she loves to explore every facet and emotion involved regardless of gender or number of partners. The more heat and spice, the better. Happily ever afters are a must. So are shirtless, hunky men.
Find Karly Germain here...
Website | Facebook | Twitter
Evernight Publishing | Amazon - US | All Romance eBooks | BookStrand
Thank you for joining us here today, Karly Germain! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.
The author is giving away an eBook copy of Stone Cold Beast and Alpha's Claim: Manlove Edition
a Rafflecopter giveaway