Welcome Wren Michaels! What or who inspired you to become a writer?
* I've always been a daydreamer. I'd sit in the car, crank up the tunes and just play out full stories in my head that fit with the songs. One day I decided to write them on paper. A friend of mine encouraged me to try getting them published.
When did you attempt your first story? What length was it? What's become of it?
* My first story was written about five or six years ago. At its completion it was 80,000 words. It ended up getting picked up by a publisher, but things happened that kind of waylaid it with said pub, and I've been working on getting it back from the publisher since they never pubbed it. It's under my real name. So hopefully when the dust settles on it, I can do something with it.
How many stories did you complete before you sold your first?
* I wrote five full length novels under my real name before my short story under my pen name was picked up by Evernight for their UNIFORM FETISH ANTHOLOGY. A friend of mine, Evie Knight, convinced me to write a short for it. Then she dared me to try writing for Evernight's Naughty Fairytale line and the rest is history!
* I'm still working on finding a home for some of the full length novels under my real name. I've been deep in the query trenches trying to get an agent for a while.
What are the best and worst pieces of writing advice you ever received?
* Best – Never give up. No matter how much you want to throw in the towel, the only thing that ever keeps you from reaching your dreams is giving up.
* Worst – Don't ever give up on your story. LOL Oddly enough, sometimes you have to put one to bed and just write a new one. Not every story you write is going to sell. Not every story is meant to sell. Each book though gets you closer. Each book makes you hone your craft, betters your writing and storytelling. Never give up writing, but don't put all your eggs in one basket.
The book you’re promoting, is it a stand-alone story or part of a series?
* BAD APPLE is book two in my SnowRose Series. UNBEARABLE is book one. They're part of Evernight's Naughty Fairytale line.
What sparked the idea for the story/series?
* Evie Knight dared me to try and write a naughty fairytale for Evernight. So I wanted to pick one not quite as well-known as like Cinderella, or Beauty & The Beast. I went with Snow White & Rose Red. Even though the Snow White in this one is not the same as the classic Snow White we all think of when we hear the name, I did implement a few of the classic Snow White elements into BAD APPLE.
*** Now for some fun info… ***
Would you/have you own(ed) a snake or some other exotic pet?
* Snakes skeeve me out. I'd have to go with something furry like a chinchilla.
Which do you prefer: rain or sun & warm weather or cold weather?
* I love storms and listening to the tranquil steady rain. But I love warm weather. I'm originally from Wisconsin, but moved to Texas. I've acclimated to the warmer climate. LOL You couldn't pay me to shovel snow anymore.
If you could live anywhere in the universe, where would it be and why?
* Scotland or Ireland. Was married in Scotland and would move there in a heartbeat! I love the rich history, the culture, the food, the accents. I'd even deal with the cold weather again. LOL Oh...and did I mention kilts?
If you were stranded on a desert island and were only allowed to have five modern conveniences with you, what would they be?
* My Kindle Fire, Flush Toilet, Toothbrush, Electricity (for the Kindle), Air Conditioning. Obviously I'm a creature of comfort. LOL
About Wren Michaels