2. He possesses more arrogance in his eyebrows than most men do in their entire bodies. He knows it and will never apologize for it
3. Women love him just as much as he loves them
4. An event in his past made him the womanizer that he is today
5. No one can have a more loyal friend than him
6. He’s intelligent and a fast thinker
7. Charming – that one word is all I need
8. He’s an alpha to the core, yet has a soft pushover side to him
9. His one major secret will have the reader saying, “Awww”
10. He’s the quintessential man, but if you’re not Esi Darfour, you don’t have a chance of keeping him for more than a night
* Adam is a player who refuses to get married—ever. His interest lies more in getting her into bed than in having any kind of committed relationship. Esi’s matchmaker instincts warn her to run in the other direction as quickly as possible, but her heart insists she stay…get closer…and see if what they feel for each other can change his mind. * Her gaze travelled down his muscular body. Unlike many of the other doctors who tended to gain a belly as they grew older and settled into the comforts of married life, Adam Quarshie could overshadow any man in his late twenties. His stomach had remained flat and his muscles strained against his yellow button-down shirt when he moved.
* She took her time raking her gaze up his body and to his face. Her gasp of embarrassment stuck in her throat as her eyes met his.
* Why did he have to have such an adorable grin? God could’ve at least rotted his teeth to save the hearts of women all over Ghana.
* “See something you like, Esi?”
* She cleared her throat. “Yes, I do. Your shoes are nice. Where can I get a pair for my brother?”
* He chuckled. “My shoes. Hmm. I got them on Oxford Street in Osu.”
* He moved towards her, and she refused to step back as he crowded her. He smelled amazing, like he was fresh from a shower. She struggled not to move closer or inhale deeper.
* “Or I could take you.” His voice came out soft yet had a distinct rumble.
* Did the man not know how to be anything but seductive?
* If she checked her pulse, she knew it would be way above the normal range. She snorted as she stepped around him and went to the patient’s bedside. “I’m going home. You did a great job.” She tilted her head to view the child’s face cradled in the new mother’s arms then smiled at the newborn’s mother. “You were able to gather the strength to push the baby out. You are a strong woman, Ama.”
* The woman ducked her head. “Thank you.”
* Esi turned to Adam, not bothering to hide her annoyance. “Are there any other patients you want to see?”
* “I’ll come back to do ward rounds later. How about going to Osu?”
* “I’d rather…rather….” Fatigue had blocked her brain. Later on in the day, long after it was too late, she’d think of any number of things she could have said to put him in his place.
* He raised an eyebrow. Their perfect arch sat over slanted dark brown eyes.
* “You’d rather what?”
* “Eat a live snail.”
* He scrunched his face. “Disgusting. No Osu for you, then. Next time, I’ll ask to take you somewhere that won’t make you prefer eating something raw and slimy over hanging out with me.”
* “No such place exists, Quarshie.” They walked, rather, she stalked while he strutted, down the hallway towards the nurse’s station.
* “I’m sure there is somewhere, and one day I’m going to take you there.”
* She didn’t bother to look at him. “In your dreams.”
* He winked. “Always in my dreams.”
* Her heart skipped a beat as Sade’s classic song “Smooth Operator” came to mind. She regarded him through narrowed eyes as he headed towards the door. His heartbreaking ways didn’t appeal to her at all. Everyone knew relationships weren’t his thing. She’d never even consider going out on a date with him. She knew too many casualties of his charm. The type of guy who would go to all sorts of lengths to get a woman on his radar. Once he caught and used her, he moved to the next one…or two. After having once dated a womanizer, she wouldn’t subject herself to that kind of man again.
* No way. Not her. Never. * Nana Prah is a multi-published author of contemporary, multicultural romance. Her books are sweet with a touch of spice. When she’s not writing she’s reading, indulging in chocolate, and enjoying life with friends and family.
Find Nana Prah here...
Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Google + | Goodreads Decadent Publishing | Amazon - US | Google Play | All Romance eBooks | Barnes & Noble | Smashwords | KOBO | iTunes
Thank you for joining us here today, Nana Prah! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story. a Rafflecopter giveaway