What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* With her debut novel Dark Summoner, D.D. Miers begins the Relic Keeper Series, a fast-paced romantic saga filled with danger, destiny, and magic, set in her favorite genre, Paranormal and Fantasy Romance.
* Born with a wildly overactive imagination, she’s told stories of enchanted worlds, treacherous villains, and epic love for as long as she can remember. She keeps a watchful eye for the paranormal hiding around every corner and constantly checks the window or rearview mirror for a vampire or fairy.
* Although she has a fondness for all things fantasy, she's an epic romance fan at heart and in everything she asks, “What would Jane Austen do?” The journey to becoming a published author has been a long but exciting one. A fervent desire for taking readers from the ordinary to the extraordinary keeps her motivated, and she believes that everything is better with a good helping of romance thrown in.
* D.D. is a proud member of the Romance Writers of America (RWA) and the Fantasy, Futuristic, & Paranormal Sub-Genre of RWA (FF&P). She continues to attend conferences and writers’ workshops in order to help inspire, share, and promote her love for romance.
* During her downtime, she loves to spend time with her family, share her obsession of all things romance with other fans, and catch up on her never-ending TBR list. She resides in beautiful Southern California with her wonderful husband, an adorable toddler, two kitties, and the many different characters living in her head.
What are you going to tell us about today?
* My Horror, Dark Fantasy, Romance story: Dark Summoner.
* Abby Davenport has spent the last ten years forgetting her past until a fateful night reveals her false reality. Thrust into a new world of dark sorcery and ancient magic, she's shocked to discover her destiny lies as the keeper of a powerful relic. Now everyone wants to control, own, or destroy her. No longer able to discern truth from lie, she’s torn between a charming guardian and a mysterious summoner. Abby finds herself strangely drawn to each man—one sworn to protect and one who calls to her soul. Can she survive the strange and dangerous labyrinth of the first realm, where every move, emotion, and reaction must be a calculated one?
* “Sounds like I’m more of a prisoner than a guest.”
* “I don’t take prisoners, Ms. Davenport. They’re a waste of my time.”
* I tried to think of anything I could to hang over his head. “I doubt the Council would appreciate the way you’re treating me.”
* His face was suddenly very dark. “The Council is only concerned with their continued reign over the realm. They only need you alive and doing as they say. Your comfort, your happiness, is irrelevant to them.”
* Doubt crept through my mind. Was that true? God, I hoped not.
* “You know what? I’m done talking to you. I want to go. Now.” I stood up from my chair. “So send me to the dungeon or wherever the hell you plan on keeping me. But send me now.” At this point, I’d take anywhere except being near him. I had too many conflicting emotions, especially when he was around.
* Laughter rumbled through his chest. “You are in no position to be making demands.”
* “And you are an asshole.”
* He looked mildly entertained by my outburst, the corners of his mouth lifted into a wicked smile, but something in his eyes held a new respect. His gaze shifted from my eyes to my lips, leisurely traveling up and down my body.
ANNOUNCEMENT! D.D. Miers is awarding a $10 Amazon or Barnes and Noble gift card to a randomly drawn commenter via Rafflecopter! So be sure to leave a comment AND use the Rafflecopter below. Also, visit the other tour stops for a greater chance of winning!
a Rafflecopter giveaway