Attention!

Thanks for visiting!
* When you see the * in my posts that just indicates a new line/paragraph. :)
* To see a lot of fun information, scroll through the side bars and to the bottom of the blog.

22 May 2015

Looking at character Taryn Rose Galendrin from 'The Temple of Ardyn' @TameriEtherton #Epic #Fantasy

Today we have Taryn Rose Galendrin visiting from all the books in the series The Song of the Swords. Welcome!

Taryn Rose Galendrin, what would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* Well, that’s kind of difficult to answer. I thought I was from Earth, but recently discovered I was born on another planet, one far from Earth and vastly different in almost every way. It’s beautiful and dangerous and shimmering with an ancient power.

Are you happy with the way people perceive you?
* Yes and no. People on Aelinae fear me because they’ve been told I’ll destroy their world, but what they don’t understand is I’m trying to protect them. I’ll admit, I don’t make a habit of announcing my intentions. A little fear goes a long way when sussing out your enemies.

Is humor important? Why or why not?
* If I couldn’t laugh at myself, or some of the ridiculous situations I find myself, I’d probably lose my mind. Have you met my family? They seriously need counseling.

If you were taken out of the story and placed into your author’s world, what would be the first thing you’d do?
* I’d get a cheeseburger, fries, and a chocolate shake. Or maybe some proper fish and chips. Oh! Pizza. Yes, I’d have a pizza with the works.

If you could pull your author into your world, what do you think would happen to them?
* Tameri on Aelinae? Ha! I’d spend all my time keeping her out of mischief. She’d be enthralled with every little thing. And we’d definitely have to keep an eye on the crown jewels. That woman has a thing for tiaras. One look at my star crown and she’d be a goner.

If you could time travel and/or live anywhere in the world, where would you go and/or where would that be?
* A year ago I would’ve said I’d time travel back to the day before my grandfather died, but now? Now I don’t want to be anywhere or in any other time than where I am. My life is difficult, but has purpose. Plus, there’s Rhoane to consider. That man wouldn’t know what to do with himself if I weren’t here. I tend to make his life interesting. Not always in a good way, but that’s what keeps it fun, you know?

Now for some author information!
* My author is Tameri Etherton. Rocker of sparkly tiaras, friend of dragons, and lover of all things sexy, Tameri Etherton leaves a trail of glitter in her wake as she creates and conquers new worlds and the villains who inhabit them. When not masquerading as a mom and writer, rumor has it she travels to far off places, drinking tea and finding inspiration for her kickass heroines—and the rogues who steal their hearts—with her own Prince Charming by her side.
You can find my author, Tameri Etherton, here...
eMail | Facebook | Goodreads | Newsletter | Twitter | Website
Now for some book information!
A look into the story
~ Blurb ~
It’s hard to save a world when your family is out to kill you…
* Taryn banished the phantom, but someone, or something, is invading her thoughts. To escape the torture and bring balance to Aelinae, Taryn must do the one thing she fears most—unlock her Dark powers.
* Rhoane swore an oath to protect Taryn, forsaking all others to keep her from harm, yet her independent spirit and lack of trust almost cost her life. Now, he’ll do what it takes to save the woman he loves from the Blackness growing inside her.
* But there’s evil in this world, and it’s just as desperate for them to fail.
(Author note: The Temple of Ardyn is the second book in the Song of the Swords epic fantasy series about honor, family, and love—of what it takes to become someone you never thought you’d be and to find the strength to face your inner demons.)
~ Excerpt ~
* “You have not been dismissed.” Lliandra stood to block Taryn’s path and the two women glared at each other in a stalemate. Lliandra’s power swirled with a constrained vengeance, slipping around Taryn’s body.
* She waited until her mother’s Mari wrapped her fully and a look of triumph clouded her mother’s eyes. The blue threads tightened about her, clammy and smelling of rot. Taryn blew gently on the strands and they crumpled into blackened snarls and fell to the floor.
* Lliandra gasped in horror at the sight of her power, visible and defeated at her feet. “How?” She choked. “How is this possible?”
* “You told me yourself, I am the Eirielle. Within me is the trinity of power, but that’s not all I possess. The phantom touched my soul with his Black ShantiMari. Perhaps if you were young and robust, your skills would be enough to overpower me, but your fade weakens you, Mother.”
* She scooped up the pile of ash and blew it into the air, where it became glittering motes of dust. “You really should control your anger. It isn’t becoming for an empress to be so disrespectful of her gifts.” With that, she pivoted on her heel and strode across the sitting room. When she reached the wall of crystal, she stopped.
* Lliandra stood in the doorway of the dining room, eyes wide with disbelief.
* “Never again use your ShantiMari against me. Are we agreed?” Lliandra gave the slightest of nods and Taryn swept from the rooms, her legs trembling beneath her full skirt.
* Her mother also had highly underestimated her.
Buy The Stones of Kaldaar here...
Amazon | Barnes & Noble
Buy The Temple of Ardyn here...
Amazon | Barnes & Noble
Thank you for joining us here today, Taryn Rose Galendrin! It was a pleasure getting to know about you, the story you're in, and your author.

1 comment:

Tameri Etherton said...

Thank you so much for having us! It was great fun getting to know Taryn a bit better ~ she's a sassy gal and I love hanging out with her! Hmmm, kind of like you, C.R. :) I look forward to a future adventure with you.

Thanks again!