What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* Gale Stanley grew up in Philadelphia PA. She was the kid who always had her nose in a book, her head in the clouds, and her hands on a pad and pencil.
* Some things never change.
What are you going to tell us about today?
* Hi Everyone! I’m very excited to share my new book with you. Optical Illusions is special to me for so many reasons. I gave free rein to my characters and they took me in a different direction. I’ve been writing mostly MM romance lately, and the main character in this book is a woman. Maggie really got into my head, and I knew I had to write her story in first person POV. I usually write in third.
* The story is fiction, but I included a few things that are near and dear to my heart. The setting is my hometown, Philly, and one of my cats plays a supporting role. I did change his name to protect the innocent.
* Here’s a sneak peek at Optical Illusions. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.
* Michael and Aaron have been a couple since college, but one thing is missing from their relationship. They’re bisexual and they miss having a woman in their lives. Maggie would be the perfect addition to their family. She’s beautiful, smart, compassionate… But they’re sure she’ll never accept their unconventional lifestyle.
* But I want more. I wish I could find love and have a normal life, but I’m tainted. Dating doesn’t work for me. As soon as I meet a man and make eye contact, he turns into someone I need a restraining order against. Do they all see something in my eyes that clues them in to my dark fantasies?
* Life is easier behind a mask. I may have hidden behind a fan, or a dipped parasol in some past life, but now I prefer sunglasses. It’s not so farfetched. Centuries ago, Chinese judges wore dark lenses to hide their eye expressions in court. Hidden behind my shades, I can move through life without anybody noticing.