What book am I going to tell you about today? Is it part of a series? If so, what's the order the books should be read in?
* I'm going give you a bit of insight into my newest release ~ Lovers and the Fiend.
How'd me & my muse come up with this story?
* This is a story in Evernight Publishing’s Naughty Fairy Tale line. The characters, Jack and Kristina, appeared in my short story – Chasing Miss Kringle – that’s in an Evernight Publishing anthology – Stockings and Suspenders. This is the first of a handful of stories I have planned for the NFT line that revolve around the world started in CMK and Lovers. Readers, you don’t have to read the anthology story to read Lovers, but it’d be nice if you did. ;) The idea for the world these characters exist in came when I got the idea for Chasing Miss Kringle for Stockings and Suspenders. At first the anthology story was just going to revolve around a guy meeting a woman at a 5k race, but then my muse ran with the paranormal idea and created a dual investigation service. Then, I had an urge to write for the NFT line and figured CMK would be a good place to start with a world and setting for that story. It all takes place in my home town of Las Vegas.
Describe the hero in five words.
* handsome, intelligent, stubborn, honest, slow-to-change
Describe the heroine in five words.
* feisty, smart, independent, passionate, magical
Who's your favorite character in the book & why?
* Surprisingly, I have to say Sidero. The poor thing. (You'll have to read to find out why.) I'm hoping she'll come forward and give me her story one of these days.
What's your favorite line in the story?
* 'Pale skinned, she appeared beautiful at first glance, but there was an underlying aspect of decay and dilapidation, like an old house someone tried to make look new with a fresh coat of paint, but no one bothered to make repairs.'
* A special thanks to my crit partner, Erin, for helping me with my stories! ;)
A look into the story
Warning: ménage a trios, M/M, bondage, anal sex, sex toys, public exhibition
* I have your woman. A nice piece of ass she is, too. She tells me you’re not bad yourself. I would love for you to join us later. A car will be waiting for you outside your office at noon today where my assistant will fill you in on some details. If you know what’s good for you and your gal, you’ll take advantage of this invitation. See you soon. ~ Kol Ainmire
* Jack Vorst’s temper went full tilt within a second. His blood pounded hard through his head and body. He’d told Kristina to be careful when she went out on her cases, but it seemed she still had gotten herself in trouble. Not good.
* “Vic! Get in here!” Trying to check and rein in his anger before he popped a vessel, Jack grabbed the letter he’d found on his desk while going through a stack of mail and a couple of case files. The paper crinkled within his one clenched hand, and the envelope it’d come in bunched up in his other.
* He kept his gaze downcast, ground his teeth. No sense in looking at the tan colored walls that were littered with stenciling in his office and be more irritated than he already was. The design and colors reminded him of the Native American beaded belts people sold at roadside stands.
* Vic’s wife, Malory, who worked in the adjoining office suites, loved her southwestern motifs. All the rooms for both divisions of the business were decorated to represent Arizona and New Mexico. The decorating style with too many colors and crazy patterns made his head swim, gave him a headache. He hated headaches.
* Staring at the crumpled papers in his hands, he sighed. Truth be told, Kristina’s whereabouts and her lack of checking in for several days only concerned him a little. She was able to take care of herself, and he trusted her. He loved her, wanted her to be safe, so of course he worried some. But being an elf gave her an advantage that mere humans didn’t have--the ability to escape situations by simply disappearing and reappearing elsewhere.
* Except this time.
Buy Lovers and the Fiend here...
All Romance eBooks
Find me at the links found in the right hand column of this blog. Thanks for stopping by today! Your readership is much appreciated!